Thursday, August 15, 2013

Magic Loop & Boyes Interchangeable Knitting Needle Set

Hello

I love the Magic Loop Method. I love my Boyes Interchangeable Circular Needles. 




  The cables in the pictures are the ones I made




I was having issues at first because my circular cable was too stiff. I tried putting it in hot water to soften it, and it helped a bit but it was still  working against me. Regardless I pushed on. 
I purchased a set of circular needles sz 1 and the cable for that was flexible, although a little short. I purchased them at Michael's craft store.
 Michael's is a great place to shop but when it comes to knitting needles they don't have a wide selection, and they are a little expensive especially for a beginner. Being a beginner, I don't know what is worth spending money on. And if I purchase a set of expensive needles there is a chance I won't be comfortable. 
For my birthday my husband gave me the Boye's Needlemaster interchangeable circular needle set. We got them from amazon.com because they are about 1/2 the price than if you get them at the store. It is a beautiful set, the needles feel great, but the cables are too short and too stiff! I searched online to see if there was a set of cables that I can purchase that wouldn't fight me while I was knitting. I could not find anything for purchase. Instead I found Create your own Boye Needlemaster interchangeable cables! I decided to give it a shot and it worked! The new custom cable allows me to do the Magic Loop method with no resistance!!
Plus I can make any size cable I like. I found that the longer the cable the easier it is to knit while in the loop.

Thanks for reading
Ruthie


No comments: