Tuesday, August 13, 2013

The Process

Hello!

My process of knitting varies from day to day. Sometimes I sit at the kitchen table with the laptop in front of me. Sometimes I sit in bed watching tv and sometimes on the couch with my ipad. It all depends on the kids!
If I'm making a pattern that calls for a straight Stockinette stitch for "x" amount of rows, I'll watch a tv series on Netflix.com. It makes the rows go so much fast.  I've gone past the row number a couple of times because I was just so into the show, :). I'm pretty sure that I'll do it a lot more times too. When I have to follow a specific pattern then I have to turn the show off and make sure the kids are busy. I can't tell you the number of times I've had to unravel or knit backwards because I was distracted.  And I'm sure that will happen again many more times too.
I keep my tools in a plastic zipper bag that my daughter's sheet set came in. This bag travels the house with me with my current project and supplies. I found that the plastic zipper bags that sheets and blankets come in are perfect yarn totes! I also have a 3 clear drawer plastic dresser that has all the yarn I'm not using. This makes it easy to see the yarn without having to shift and disorganize the drawer. And the last storage item is the sterilite bins that have the snap on handles. A lot huh! I went a little overboard with the yarn. I received a Michael's gift card for valentines day, mother's day and birthday! :D
I keep my books in a "suitcase", one of those crafty ones you can get at Michaels. I don't have room yet to have a bookshelf, but I'm hoping to in the near future.


Thanks for reading!
Ruthie

No comments: